Performance in Fiscal 2020
Amount of Electric Power Used
Actual Reduction in the Amount of Electric Power Used
As part of our efforts to reduce our output of greenhouse gases such as CO2 and thus prevent global warming, we are constantly aiming to reduce the amount of electric power that we use.
The power used in proportion to the level of production in ﬁscal 2020 decreased increased by 12.4% compared to the previous ﬁscal year’s level, and we could achieve the ﬁscal 2020 target.
In fiscal 2019, although efforts were made to promote the use of LED lighting, conduct maintenance management of cogeneration equipment, and improve the energy efficiency of buildings, the target was not achieved due to a decrease in the production level.
Electric Power Reduction Measures (main measures implemented by ﬁscal 2020)
- Some machine tools in our plants were exchanged for those incorporating auto power-off devices.
- Some of the compressors in our plants were exchanged for those incorporating inverter control.
- Energy-saving ﬂuorescent lamps (with electronic ballasts) and energy-saving compressors (inverter type) were installed in new buildings.
- The roofs of new buildings were changed to silver in color.
- The roofs of new buildings were enhanced in heat insulation by duplicating them.
- Power consumption was reduced with motion sensors.
- Wind-shielding curtains were used for energy saving in air conditioning.
- Measures were taken against heat emissions from compressors for energy saving.
- Energy-saving measures were studied by energy-saving consultants.
- Use of LED lighting was promoted.
- Co-generation was promoted.
Amount of Kerosene Used
Kerosene Reduction Results
In some parts of the Headquarters area, kerosene was replaced by city gas.
As a result, we reduced the total amount of kerosene used by 32% compared to the previous year.
Amount of Waste Liquid Discarded and Amounts of Other Waste
Waste Liquid Reduction Results
Identiﬁed the actual amount of waste liquid discarded in ﬁscal 2020 in proportion to the level of production. Improved the management of waste liquid, so as to prevent environmental pollution due to spilled waste liquid.
Waste Liquid Reduction Measures (main measures implemented by ﬁscal 2020)
- Reused separated water by introducing oil-water separators
- Collected cutting ﬂuid attached to chips and reused it.
- Used mold release materials with less amount of waste liquid.
- Used long-life cutting ﬂuid.
- Reused distilled water by deploying distillation and regenerating equipment.
Almost all waste was recycled.
We sold waste metal 32,224(t), waste plastic 19(t), and waste liquid 30(t) for recycling.
Amount of Chemical (PRTR) Substances Used
PRTR Chemical Substance Reduction Results
Identiﬁed the actual amount of PRTR chemical substances used for production in ﬁscal 2020 in proportion to the level of production.
Improved the management of chemical substances, so as to prevent environmental pollution due to spilled chemical substances.
PRTR Chemical Substance Reduction Measures (measures implemented by ﬁscal 2020)
- Used cutting ﬂuid that does not contain N, N-Dicyclohexylamine.
- Replaced HCFC 141b with other materials.
- Used oil not containing xylene.
- Banned the use of copper salts.
- Banned the use of ferric chloride.
- Used lead-free solder.
- Used coating material containing no ethylbenzene.
Total Chemical Substance Control
In order to implement the total ﬁeld control of objects stored by divisions using chemical substances, we conducted the following inspections and remedied those defects found as a result of those inspections:
- Entry of stored objects into the ledger
- Name indication
- Maximum quantity of dangerous objects that can be held in the storehouse
- Whether storage containers are free from damage and leakage.
- Whether periodic inspections are conducted.
- Whether protective devices are provided.
We also conducted an emergency drill assuming chemical substance leakage.
Development of Environmentally Friendly Products
The research and development divisions evaluate the environmental impact of products, set targets and develop environmentally friendly products.
The Product Development Subcommittee under the environmental management system prepares environmental management plans, and product developments are conducted based on medium- to long-term plans and annual plans.